New San Diego County Oridnance On Number of Roosters

We still need more signatures! Come on everyone, we can do it!!!!!
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Hello,

I actually met with 4 of the commercial poultry ranches in San Diego County yesterday and none of them were contacted by the Dept. of Animal Services. I also contacted a few of the Valley Center and Ramona 4H leaders and guess what, they weren't contacted at all either.

Don't believe everything that is said at the BOS meetings or by DAS. They'll say and do whatever they feel like in order to gain support. I also spoke with the animal control officers for the Escondido Humane Society who would be in charge of enforcing this new ordinance in Escondido, Poway, San Marcos and the Reservations. They ALSO had no idea about the ordinance and were not told anything about it by DAS.

This code is NOT just about fighting roosters and noise, it's a blanket ordinance that lumps everyone that has roosters together as cockfighters. I personally, am a 501(c)3 animal rescue that rescues roosters, pheasants, quail and chickens from shelters including DAS and I am not exempt whatsoever under the ordinance. I'm also a hobby breeder of silkies and would no longer be allowed to keep my roosters if I wanted to continue saving roosters from county shelters.

I also live in Valley Center where there are roosters crowing day in and day out all day long. It's part of living in the country, if you don't like the sound of roosters MOVE TO THE CITY.

Back
Top Bottom