New San Diego County Oridnance On Number of Roosters

I have been warned about spreading the word, i am spamming, I think i am done posting on backyardchickens for this topic, dont want to abuse a good thing but want people to know what is going on!!

Quote:
Awww -
hit.gif

Quote:
So you area saying that police officers have been making plenty of arrests in cock fighting but the DA and Courts are not gaining convictions? How many people have been arrested for cock fighting, how many brought to trial and how many have been convicted? For your analogy, how would you feel if they decided to outlaw all dogs to solve the leash law problem because as I understand it, that is what they are proposing with roosters.
Quote:
No, are they more restirictive and are you saying that we should be lucky San Diego isn't worse or are you saying you think they should be like the other counties?
Quote:
Not a clue. How much? Please be specific on the breakdown-Animal Control, Police, DA, Court Costs, Incarceration.
Quote:
To draw a a simily, you are saying that because some people are being bad about keeping their cats in that they should outlaw cats yet you say you are keeping your cat in and you should be thankful no one has a law outlawing your cat ownership. Your point is actually supporting the rooster keepers.
Quote:
Speechless. It seems folks are trying but are getting stone-walled.

So I was reading the ordinance proposal - and its really non-specific about how many roosters it will allow. Is there a specific ordinance with exact information about the number of roosters allowed per acre or 1/2 acre, etc? that I can get a hold of? Or are we just letting them put an ordinace in place that lets them make arbitrary decisions about the number of roos allowed?

Hi everyone,
Thank you all for your support. I just want to remind everyone to PLEASE send me copies of any letters that they send to the Board of Supervisors so that I'm not addressing the same concern more than once and that I'm informed on what is being sent. We DESPERATLEY need more letters for the actual meeting. PLEASE CC ME ON ANY EMAILS AT:

[email protected]

Thank you!

Oh and PS I'm pretty sure QuietPlease is the same person who's leading a facebook group of people who like to complain about rooster noise so don't pay them much attention

Ya know, this sounds like gun control. It only works on law abiding citizens. This new ordinace probably won't have much effect because the one doing the cock fighting will just lay low and continue to do what they do in secrecy.

Back
Top Bottom