New scared chickens

I agree with Ranchhand to some degree. I have two flocks of chickens. My first flock consist of 11 hens & 1 roo. My roo goes ballistic when I mess with his girls. So, I don't mess with them except when their on the roost. I then check them for mites, lice, or any other problem they maybe having. I agree with my roo he's there 24/7 with his girls & takes care of them. I always tell the roo their your baby's you take care of them. But my second flock of 30 their around 2 months old & I intermingle with them because their young. I do hold them & they jump all over me etc.. I'm thinking I have around 24 pullets & 6 cocks. I hope!!! I will find homes for the extra roos & keep only 2 roo's. Once the roo's are old enough to take care of their girls I'll gladly walk away. I'd rather sit in my golf cart & watch them. After all they really only want me for food & water.

Lots of yummy treats! I give mine treats and give their crops a good scratch. The underside part of the crop that meets the body. They LOVE it. You should see the girls fighting and pushing over who gets the next scratching, LOL.
lau.gif
They also LOVE getting lightly rubbed on their combs, wattles, ear openings and around their eyes. They're like reptiles I guess! You'll probably get pecked a bit at first. Some chickens will never tame down.

I hope you can get them tamed down quickly.

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL yeah it sure is, especialy when they think their chickens think like humans, silly humans
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom