New Section: BYC Online Poultry Show

Wow! How have I entirely missed this whole section? LOL, this really has the potential to be one of the most awesome parts of this site if it was used to do real, honest to God online versions of shows with actual legitimate categories and people judging that actually know how to judge (I'm not talking that the shows would be sanctioned of course, just a learning environment). I know I would use it for that if we did that here! Has that been done before here? I will have to go read through the archives when I have more time. Has it just been more fun type contests in the past rather than real show type contests? It would be awesome to have this resource for getting birds evaluated seriously rather than just on a more trivial level, although I certainly love the "fluffy" side of posting pictures on this site too. LOL,
smile.png

I would really love to see this site eventually have a more serious poultry keeping board, maybe even something password protected. Something where serious questions can be asked without a lot of nonsense comments and birds can really be honestly and rigorously evaluated. Maybe if not this section (and again, I haven't even looked around this section yet nor do I know if BYC is even the place for this, but why not?), maybe an "ask the expert" section or a "masters" board or something similar. You know- a place where advanced poultry keeping topics can be discussed without arguments over the most nonsensical of things, although as I said- I do love the light hearted stuff of BYC too!

I do agree with you on that. Although the contests for prettiest or biggest chicken are fun, I would prefer it to be more serious. I first thought it was about actual show according to the standard where you get really good critiques and know what to expect at an actual show but apparently not many people believe in showing chickens which however is perfectly fine
smile.png
maybe break the section into a silly contests and serious contests or something like that.

Ok, I'm very new at this chicken stuff but would love to give it a go. I got a different verrity of breeds of chickens.If someone would be kind enough to give me a helping hand with this. I can post pictures of my chickens if you would like to look at my chickens. I got these
jumpy.gif
and these
D.gif

Thank You!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom