New Silkies Lav/Buff crossing. (PIX)

StrawberryHouseMouse

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
Cleveland, Tennessee
These are by far nothing near perfect. lol But I got them for free today from Deborah and Mike Lee. He has been mixing Lav in with buff to delute the black and blue in his birds. These were some culled chicks of his that he gave me. They are not perfect at all but I still think they are cute. I am very excited to see what color variations they grow into.

newsilkies001.jpg

newsilkies002.jpg

newsilkies003.jpg

newsilkies004-1.jpg

newsilkies006.jpg

newsilkies008.jpg

newsilkies010.jpg

newsilkies016.jpg

In my eyes I am seeing PERFECT! I would love to have them. You are Very Lucky to have found them and them to have found you!

n.n I ment perfect by show standards. lol they are very cute and I am very thankful that they were given to me. I had to drive 2 hours there and 2 hours back to meet with the Lee's. They were very nice and explained the background to them so that I understood what they were. Most people wouldn't bother and just tell you that they are from a mixed flock. But he told me that some of the parents used to get these, were from George Mihalik and Jack Ferguson.

Cute babies
smile.png
I can see the blue in some and partridge markings. The last little one looks like it may well be isabel porcelain.

A double dose of lavender (lav lav) will dilute all feather plumage. A single dose (Lav lav) won't dilute any. Blue or splash (Blbl or BlBl) will dilute black pigment.

When they grow up and you breed them, if you want to breed away from buff and towards partridge, breed the ones with the partridge markings and darker undercolour together. If you want to breed towards buff, breed as clear as possible to as clear as possible. Probably better to breed to a clear black or blue or lavender than to another buff with partridge markings.

Back
Top Bottom