New Silkies!---Pic heavy---NEED silkie Experts!

Here's a pic of my silkie roo that i just re-homed. Sonoransilkies was correct on sexing mine with the picture. The very next day he started crowing. Sounded like a dog toy crow. He was about 14 weeks when he started crowing

17603_chickens_081.jpg

17603_chickens_085.jpg

Based on my silkies, they look like girls but I'm no expert. Good Luck!

Quote:
More proof.Girl.

I would like to know where you are coming up with this? Do you have silkies of your own?

Monkey, is Seeta singing the egg song or crowing? At 5 months the comb isn't usually that big. I have a hen who's comb is about that size, but she is 11 MONTHS. 6 months older than yours, which is quite a bit of time. Hers didn't start getting big until she started laying. Wait another month or two and you will know for sure.

No.I don't even have chickens thanks to my insane dad.
he.gif
tongue2.gif
But I want silkies!

Quote:
FIVE MONTHS OLD?Gosh.SOMEONE WOULD BE CROWING if she was a roo.Please tell me you didn't go to the feed store.Or I will
he.gif

You obviously don't know about Silkies then. They take longer than the average chicken to mature to the point where their sex is distinguishable by appearance and/or laying/crowing.

Quote:
FIVE MONTHS OLD?Gosh.SOMEONE WOULD BE CROWING if she was a roo.Please tell me you didn't go to the feed store.Or I will
he.gif

You obviously don't know about Silkies then. They take longer than the average chicken to mature to the point where their sex is distinguishable by appearance and/or laying/crowing.

Oh.
Still,I stand by what I said.I think they're girls and don't think Monkey Zero should go to the feed store.

If silkies are that hard, and it's important to know now, why not DNA sex them?

I have no opinion on the genders.. know little to nothing about chickens, but just an option/ my opinion, for what it's worth. Rather than doing the waiting game.

Cool looking birds though
smile.png

Actually, Seeta is gone
Even the feed store guy said roo. He said its his fault. It was about closing and he just kinda threw in some silkies
THe new one is a def. hen

Quote:
They claim 24-48 hours after they receive the sample, you have email results, so you figure less than a week probably.. depends on how fast the usps gets the mail to them.

Back
Top Bottom