NEW SPRING QUILT BLOCK SWAP!

Wow how nice, my mother sewed, crocheted, cooked, I picked up the sewing and cooking,
big_smile.png
I used to make my clothes and when my kids were small I made their clothes. And course I can cook for one to 100. I used to entertain a lot and I especially love to BBQ and use my smoker.

Wow how nice, my mother sewed, crocheted, cooked, I picked up the sewing and cooking, :D   I used to make my clothes and when my kids were small I made their clothes.  And course I can cook for one to 100.  I used to entertain a lot and I especially love to BBQ and use my smoker.

I'm not much of a cook, but I did try some canning this summer and enjoyed that.

It is really nice to be able to grab a jar of tomatoes that came out of your garden for that special soup/stew/sauce. I also make the banana pepper rings (like the ones you get at the sandwich shop) but I like them hot well not too hot, they are good on a sandwich, and of course the ole staples of the different pickles, my favorites are bread and butter and I make a hot dill. and other stuff too.

I spent all last night at my daughter's home cleaning. DD's in-Laws arrived today from the Netherlands for a 2 week visit here in Seattle. DD needed a little extra help, to make sure everything will be a nice as possible. So I got home this morning about 8:30 am in the morning, and given that I was on a cleaning kick, I managed to get about half of my sewing room cleaned out today. It has made a big difference.

DH took me to dinner tonight, because I have been cooking, and re-cooking turkey since last Saturday. I am very done with turkey for now. All the family is happy, because they all have had a wonderful turkey dinner, and big pots of turkey stew. The cook tired of turkey for now.

So now I am more than ready for a whole night of sleep. I am hoping that the rest of the sewing room will get cleaned up tomorrow. Then I will be able to pick a couple of block patterns for the swap. It will be wonderful to have my sewing room back in to working order. Things seemed to have gotten out of hand during the kitchen remodel earlier this year.

Bama1    I thought we had to make 16 blocks?  we only need 14?

Arrrrrrgh and Uggggghhhh! It is 16. :/ Now I'm irritated, (at myself for not reading closer) just drug it all out and put all that away last night. Oh well, at least I have a couple of months to get in the mood to make two more, again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom