New surrounding for hens

homeschoolchickens

Hatching
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Charlotte Area, NC
Hi, We just got our first chickens. They were laying at the farm we got them from. How long should it take for them to adjust and start laying eggs. Look forward to getting to know you all. Thanks for any help.
smile.png

took my chickens about a week to adjust . INFACT , chickens are weird . Anytime you make a change in their routine , they stop laying for a day or 2 . Even so much as cleaning out the coop or adding new chickens to the flock ....

I hope the people that you bought them from were honest with you about them laying tho ,
because I bought 6 hens and they were supposedly ALL laying , NOT SO ... 3 were and 3 were not . and that was 3 months ago and the other 3 still have not laid the 1st. egg yet .

Last edited:
Thanks,

The guy I bought them from is a friend I had been buying eggs from. He gave me an assortment of ages. I feel really good about buying them from him. I was skeptical about buying from others who listed in our local paper. I guess I just have to be patient with them.

Thanks
Sheila
hmm.png

Liz,

I have rhode island reds, 1 is a roo. I don't know the exact ages, but they are all under 1 year old. The man I bought them from got them as chicks and we have been going to his farm since he started doing this a little over a year ago.

Sheila

Back
Top Bottom