New Texas Member!

Hello from Oregon and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Quote:
I'm not as far west as you are, Lubbock area for me. We have Easter Eggers that are doing wonderful in the heat and we have had so/so success with our Cornish X because of the heat so far. The eggers aren't really phased by the heat lately but we lost one of our Cornish this week because of the heat and I'm worried that my other girl won't last into the summer. Barred Rocks do amazing in the heat that we have had also. Being that far west into the desert (I used to live in Ft. Stockton so I know what that heat is like) I'd be very careful with the heavier meat breed like Cornish X they grow fast but they can stress out easily and will have a heart attack long before their time.

Welcome to BYC! You have come to the coolest place on the internet for chicken knowledge.

I started with chickens last summer and the people of BYC have been great. This year I have tried hatching and buying chicks for even more chickeny joy. Please visit my BYC Page for my blog links that you may find informative or amusing.

Back
Top Bottom