New to BYC from Alabama

AGDependentFarm

Chirping
Dec 9, 2022
Sylvan Springs, AL
My Coop
My Coop
AG Dependent Farm was created out of necessity.
My wife contracted Alpha-Gal a few years ago and it has changed our life in many ways.

Alpha-Gal is a disease brought on by a tick bite. It causes you to be anaphylactic to mammal. With our current conditions finding food grown organically that has no mammal in it is hard. During the beginning of Covid it was almost impossible. Ag Dependent Farm is focusing on raising meat and egg Chickens in an organic and pasture style. As well we are raising Coturnix Quail for meat and eggs. As we develop the farm we will include Duck, Turkey and Emu.

The land we are building the farm on hasn’t been cleared in over 50 years. 2023 will be a year of growth as we clear land and build this farm from the ground up.

We currently have 18 Chickens about 20 weeks old. 6 Rhode Island Reds and the rest are Barred Rocks. I have around 130 Coturnix Quail between 6 and 12 weeks old.
We are producing about 3 dozen quail eggs per day with more on the way as the babbies are maturing.

This is my 3rd time raising chickens and first time raising quail.

As I get more land cleared I plan to incubate Meat Chickens and Turkeys come spring.

We are located just outside of Birmingham AL.

Thanks for the welcome,
Brandon
Resized_20221207_121632.jpeg
received_515665630334801.jpeg

AG Dependent Farm was created out of necessity.
My wife contracted Alpha-Gal a few years ago and it has changed our life in many ways.

Alpha-Gal is a disease brought on by a tick bite. It causes you to be anaphylactic to mammal. With our current conditions finding food grown organically that has no mammal in it is hard. During the beginning of Covid it was almost impossible. Ag Dependent Farm is focusing on raising meat and egg Chickens in an organic and pasture style. As well we are raising Coturnix Quail for meat and eggs. As we develop the farm we will include Duck, Turkey and Emu.

The land we are building the farm on hasn’t been cleared in over 50 years. 2023 will be a year of growth as we clear land and build this farm from the ground up.

We currently have 18 Chickens about 20 weeks old. 6 Rhode Island Reds and the rest are Barred Rocks. I have around 130 Coturnix Quail between 6 and 12 weeks old.
We are producing about 3 dozen quail eggs per day with more on the way as the babbies are maturing.

This is my 3rd time raising chickens and first time raising quail.

As I get more land cleared I plan to incubate Meat Chickens and Turkeys come spring.

We are located just outside of Birmingham AL.

Thanks for the welcome,
BrandonView attachment 3345383View attachment 3345384
Welcome to BYC!! Those eggs are beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom