new to BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by myhappyfeathers, Nov 9, 2012.

1. myhappyfeathers

myhappyfeathers Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2012
    Hi everyone[​IMG] We are new to BYC
    We have some eggs in our incubator that are due to hatch this weekend[​IMG] we are very excited yet very nervous. we're wanting to everything right. any information is greatly appreciated. can someone also explain how the hatching egg auction works. thank you so much, hope to hear from someone soon

2. Mattlime

Mattlime Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2012
    Bostic, North Carolina
    [​IMG][​IMG]I hope you have fun on this site...I do and I hope your hatch works out my eggs were not fertile and my cousins dogs killed all of mine in their cages last Sunday morning...I hope you have better luck than I did...welcome from North Carolina

3. myhappyfeathers

Nov 7, 2012
    Hi to North Carolina, thank you so much for the welcome. I am so sorry to hear about you loss:(

4. Mattlime

Mattlime Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2012
    Bostic, North Carolina
    Thanks I am just looking for some babies at the moment to raise again.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, myhappyfeathers, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined us! I have no experience with hatching so I'll leave that to the experts. Just wanted to say howdy and welcome aboard!!

6. myhappyfeathers

Nov 7, 2012
    Hello to kansas[​IMG], thank you so much for the welcome. I am so excited that i have joined BYC, everybody seems so friendly and helpful. I cant wait to start talking about chickens and posting some of my pics. I'm still figuring out the forum and rules, any advise would be great.

7. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hi and :welcome

I'm not quite sure what hatching egg auction is, but if you're talking about the "Buy, sell, trade" section there's a nice thread with some FAQs here
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/620276/bst-discussion

Good luck with your hatch, hope everything goes well for you!
    Enjoy the site. :D

8. Chicken Happy

Chicken Happy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2012
    North Idaho
    Greetings from Idaho!

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. myhappyfeathers

Nov 7, 2012
    Thank you so much Fierlin1182, that was the section I was looking for and the faqs really helped. I'm trying to find lemon cuckoo maran orpington hatching eggs. seems to be pretty hard[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by