New to Chickens

mibob12

In the Brooder
May 6, 2016
Merrillville, Indiana
Hi,
I live in NW Indiana. I fell in love with chickens while on a trip to Arkansas to see family. My cousin owns 10 chickens. Right then my daughter and I knew we just had to have chickens when we got home. I have researched over a year. Came across this wonderful page with all the great information. About a month ago my husband asked me what I wanted for my birthday, a blender or a chicken coop... Silly, silly man. Of course I made the right descision and went with the coop. 2 weeks ago I brought home 6 of the cutest little fuzz balls I ever laid eyes on. 3 are Ameracanas and 3 are Barred Rocks. I am amazed by how much they have grown in the last 2 weeks. I have had to move them from a tote to a playpen. They are still trying to get out. Penelope, Lexi, Peckster, Cindy Lou, Hazel Nut and Trixie sure keep my daughter and I on our toes and we love it. Even my son and husband have come around to loving them as well. I am excited to be here.

20170618_083941.jpg
20170618_083941.jpg Here are 5 of them. It is hard to get them all in one pic. They move so fast..lol

Back
Top Bottom