New to ducks, bath time!

jtbrown

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
Oh my gosh, we have had chickens for a year. But never have I seen anything so cute as our four Pekin babies, hatched 4/3/12 as they play in the bathtub tonight! They could stand but chose to scoot everywhere for the 5 or so minutes we had them in there. The noises they make in the water, the rolling in water, it was an absolute joy to watch. The four of us stood watching them giggling the entire time. I then scooped them up and dried them off and put them back into a warm, clean brooder.

I am hooked! :)

Its just as cute seeing them as adults!!! I brought this girl inside tonight for a special Easter treat. I threw in a handful of peas and she had a wonderful time. Enjoy your babies...they grow up way too fast.

Oh, you are both so right!!!

Here I sit, it's in the 30s F out here, sitting on a stone (brrr) surrounded by Runners and Buffs, listening to their cooing, chanting, splashing, rustling . . . hard to believe these ducks have brought me carpentry skills, medical skills, a new outlook, and immeasurable joy.

Glad you're enjoying your babies, jtbrown, and glad to see your post, duckyfromoz. Think of you every day!

Ahh I am sooo pleased I am not the only one to put ducks in the bath - BTW this is my first time on this forum so hello all
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

Oh, you are not only having fun, you are helping your ducks be much healthier than they might otherwise be!!

There is research that early swimming helps stimulate the preen gland and preening behavior, and it helps prevent serious eye, sinus and ear infections.

Good on you!

Ooh that was a tough one took my off the ball for two mins to post here and my breech hatched duckling has just curled up and given up on me
sad.png
I was so hopeful too as he was making loads of noise and movement just 10 mins ago - oh well I guess he wouldn't have been strong so prob not mean't to be
sad.png

Ooh that was a tough one took my off the ball for two mins to post here and my breech hatched duckling has just curled up and given up on me
sad.png
I was so hopeful too as he was making loads of noise and movement just 10 mins ago - oh well I guess he wouldn't have been strong so prob not mean't to be
sad.png

Oh, no.

hugs.gif

Tough, indeed.

Back
Top Bottom