New to Ducks - Need advice

Danorfolk

Hatching
Apr 10, 2018
I'm replying to your thread to get some help myself. I'm new to raising ducks. I have 6 Mallards...now 9days old. One seems to have something wrong. I can see his/her skin. It like there is no down on an area about 1/4 inch. The others are not bothering him/her. Should I be worried? I have looked closely...no mites or anything like that It doesn't seem to be bothering the duck at all.
I hope you don't mind me "hopping" on your thread but I'm a bit worried.
Thx,
Ann

I'm replying to your thread to get some help myself. I'm new to raising ducks. I have 6 Mallards...now 9days old. One seems to have something wrong. I can see his/her skin. It like there is no down on an area about 1/4 inch. The others are not bothering him/her. Should I be worried? I have looked closely...no mites or anything like that It doesn't seem to be bothering the duck at all.
I hope you don't mind me "hopping" on your thread but I'm a bit worried.
Thx,
Ann
Click this and start a new thread please:
Post New Thread

Sounds like it's normal they can look really sparse in areas when they just have down.

:welcome if you can get a few pics that would help too.
Thx. The area I saw fine now. All filled back in. Not sure what it was. Boy, ducks grow fast. The weather here in MD is still to cold at night to keep them outside. Thx again.

Back
Top Bottom