New to ducks * Picture Added *

Lovable Chicks

Songster
9 Years
Jun 23, 2010
I received a duck today and was looking for information. I don't even know what kind of duck this baby is. I will need to upload a picture later but quick description is that it is brown and white with white/tan feet. Has blue eyes and a white beak??

I need lots of education.

Last edited:
Here check out my information thread
big_smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=574927&p=1

It also helps to ask a bit more things
wink.png

It sounds to me like you may have a crossbred duckling- being brown and white- ( do you mean yellow ) with a white beak sounds an odd combination for some of the more popular breeds. A photo would really help a long way- even ifs its actually a wild duckling- there are people on here that keep ornamentals and could ID your baby in a flash.

You can find a heap of information by searching - or haivng a look at the stickies at the top of the page- but of course...there are a heap of members on hear ready to help out with advise and help with caring for your little one.

By the sounds of it- it wasnt planned to get a duck- was it a rescue?? Making sure it has at least a fluffy toy or a mirror will help it not feel quite so lonely being on its own.

Here is a picture...

61316_duck.jpg

I didn't have plans for a duck and actually found it a new home already just to find out my granddaughter wanted to keep it so think ducks may be in my future.

WOW! That is such a cool looking duck! Will be anxious to read if someone knows what breed he/she is. Adorable.

It is lovely. I have a duck that is chocolate all over. I was so surprised when it hatched because it came from a flock of cayuga and pekin.

What a gorgeous duck!! Older that I envisaged from your first post- I hadnt thought about a muscovy from what you described - but now seeing the little cutie makes it clearer. Now you cant go breaking your granddaughters heart especially when he is so cute.

Back
Top Bottom