NEW TO DUCKS

Pics
Congrats on finding one who is calm an likes the little one. Such sweet pics. I’d put the top on that waterer just in case that little one some how makes it up there an inside.

The ducklings are doing great. Took an updated pic; starting with the top left our mallards (16), KC (5) + 2 more arriving tomorrow and the only one that hatched from our second bator which is most likely an East India cross with a Mallard.

Mallard KC and East Indie.jpg

They are adorable !! You’ll have quite the flock. Are these your first ducks?
When we bought this property we already had 9x Mallards, 2x Buff's, and 12x Guinea Fowl. We watched the Mallards lay eggs last year but the eggs started to slowly disappear. So we decided to help out this time. So this is our first bator of ducklings. Sorry, that was a long answer....lol

So as I was coming home from work I saw something in the small shrub next to my steps off of my front porch. I walked back down and peeked around the shrub and saw one of my female Mallards. At first I thoughts she was injured, but then I saw how big she was making herself as she laid there. I knew she was laying on some eggs. When she got up to eat with everyone else I saw her clutch...wow.

Broody Mallard.jpg

When we bought this property we already had 9x Mallards, 2x Buff's, and 12x Guinea Fowl. We watched the Mallards lay eggs last year but the eggs started to slowly disappear. So we decided to help out this time. So this is our first bator of ducklings. Sorry, that was a long answer....lol
That was awesome! Where did the East indie come from?

So as I was coming home from work I saw something in the small shrub next to my steps off of my front porch. I walked back down and peeked around the shrub and saw one of my female Mallards. At first I thoughts she was injured, but then I saw how big she was making herself as she laid there. I knew she was laying on some eggs. When she got up to eat with everyone else I saw her clutch...wow.

View attachment 2036580
My goodness that is some clutch! Aren’t you worried for predators to get her an her eggs ?

Back
Top Bottom