New to Hatching.

Quote:
Yes sounds much better, just remember a little water can go a long way !! Glad it went down for yah !!

umm a little water for me doesnt go even a short way....im starting to wonder if my hergometer is broke....but i have two thermometers in there and the thermometers both read the same...so can the humidity part be "off" while the thermometer is correct? even tho it is the same unit? because i added a lot of water and cant get it out of the 30s

edited to say, in case ur confused..i have one thermometer and one hergometer/thermometer in there....if that makes anysense...so all together 2 gauges in there, but the one tells me two things

Yes, I belive your hum can be wrong but your temp be right !!

How much water do you have in there ? What type of bator? Do you have both vent plugs open ?

For some it's harder to get the hum up !! If your house is dry (due to the heat) it could be harder !!

I would get another hum gauge and see what that one reads in there also (use them both in the bator) If you still cant get it up you could add a humidifier to the room, but before doing that I would get another to see if they both read the same.

I had problems getting the humidity up but after help from here (thanks everyone) I have gotten the problem fixed. I have been holding steady on my temp in my LG dry air at 101.6 and the humidity at 40%. Earlier I could not get it above 26%. I wetted down a couple paper towels with hot water and put them in there along with adding water to the channels and now I get between 40% and 46%.

Back
Top Bottom