New to incubating, quick question

What's your location. Until day 18 I think most people stress about humidity waaay too much. That being said location is key. In Oklahoma where I live I don't even look at humidity until day 18. I suspect that somewhere like Arizona would require a closer eye. As far as turning, I start turning after 24 hours for chickens but as someone said above you don't have to start turning for 3 or 4 days.

I love BYC! Three totally different answers.

yep, you can find about any opinion here, on about any subject, if you look long enough :D Scare tactics run rampant, and don't always get disputed. many things go on being believed, just because so-and-so said so!

But anyway, congrats on your upcoming human hatch! Hope all goes well. And get your camping in now, for sure! Babies and chickens have a way of demanding alot of attention! :)

yep, you can find about any opinion here, on about any subject, if you look long enough :D Scare tactics run rampant, and don't always get disputed. many things go on being believed, just because so-and-so said so!

But anyway, congrats on your upcoming human hatch! Hope all goes well. And get your camping in now, for sure! Babies and chickens have a way of demanding alot of attention! :)
Amen, sister!

Gotcha! lol congrats! Boy or girl?
We are having a girl

What's your location. Until day 18 I think most people stress about humidity waaay too much. That being said location is key. In Oklahoma where I live I don't even look at humidity until day 18. I suspect that somewhere like Arizona would require a closer eye. As far as turning, I start turning after 24 hours for chickens but as someone said above you don't have to start turning for 3 or 4 days.

I live in Buckley, Washington. I'm sure I won't have a problem with humidity here. Our yard is still a swamp... :(

:wee:weeEggs are set! And we're set to leave too. I crammed 31 in there :cool:
image.jpeg

I had fun! Hubby ate fast food on the way out and spent over 24 hours with food poisoning so a bit of a bummer for him. :sick
I did a quick check on the eggs tonight and I have veining in some already including all the refrigerator eggs I threw in as extra Olive Egger packing peanuts. :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom