New to Incubation - Temperature management help needed

🙂 a man with good taste. I was just reading your previous hatches. In this lot, I have a mix of Light Sussex, Plymouth Rocks, Leghorn, Bluebells and a Wyandotte or two. 14 eggs in total. Good luck!

How’s things with hatching?? We had four wiggly embryos this morning which was exciting to see! I tossed 3 yesterday one definite infertile and 2 clearly blood rings.

Update for today.

Candled all 14 eggs as per the schedule. Out of all those, two were removed as they both had clear blood rings all the way around the egg. Two further eggs were questionable as I could not clearly see veins due to the colour of the shell, however air cells were formed and embryo clearly visible but not moving around from what I could tell. Going to keep an eye on them.

The remaining 10 were actually quite good eggs with clear air cells, veins, and active embryos.

Here's a short video of one that was dancing around quite a bit. Genuinely pleased that every single egg was/is fertilized.

Kids were super impressed and made lots of notes.

Sounds like everything is going great so far. You can candle the eggs at 7 days to see if they are real fertile. You will see movement and veins in them if fertile. If clear this is the time to remove them from the incubator as they will not hatch. Also any that have a blood ring should be removed. This is exactly what it says, a ring of blood inside the egg. This is usually caused by an old egg. At day 19 you should stop turning the eggs and up the humidity to 65-70 and you should have a great hatch! Good luck. My avatar are my new Frisian Gull chicks that hatched yesterday and had more hatch today.

Back
Top Bottom