new to incubation

One out of six , I have another 3 in the incubator which up till 4 days ago when I last turned and candled all looked like they were all up to the same stage. But the other 3 are looking like they aren't going to hatch even the all of them have been treated in exactly the same way.
I bought 6 off eBay all together one cracked in transit and one in the incubator. I thought the last 4 were all doing well but no sign of life
1f614.png

One out of six , I have another 3 in the incubator which up till 4 days ago when I last turned and candled all looked like they were all up to the same stage. But the other 3 are looking like they aren't going to hatch even the all of them have been treated in exactly the same way.
I bought 6 off eBay all together one cracked in transit and one in the incubator. I thought the last 4 were all doing well but no sign of life
1f614.png

What day are you on? Mine is almost day 23. Looks like 5/10 quit early, probably due to power outage. Two has hatched. Sitting here waiting cause the others look OK.

Thinking I've solved my temperature problem. In the directions for the still air little giant incubater it says to take out the red plug in the back which is by the heater, well I'm leaving that plug in and I removed the one up front away from the heater. Since then my temperature is consistent with the 3 hygrometers I have inside. Except for the one built into the bator I have that one set at 102.5 and that just tells me in no way shape or form is it accurate. So by setting it at a higher temperature I'm getting readings of 99.5. On one and 100. on another and 101.on the 3 rd hygrometer. So as long as I can maintain those ranges I think ( I hope) I will have a good hatch. :)

I'm 50 minutes into the 23rd day. Still no pips. I'm wondering if I should wait it out or go ahead and do eggtopsy, though we know electricity outage would've been a problem. I still like to look. Should I wait longer?

Back
Top Bottom