new to incubation

You do not need temps high at this point. 97.5-98.5 is best. Best thing would be to add hot wet paper towels on floor of the Bator that don't have eggs on them.maybe even put eggs on top of the wet towels

Last edited:
I feel so sick! All I've done this past hour is cry! I have 2 one month old pullets, a clutch on day 22, and a clutch due Oct. 7! The lights are off! Company doesn't have answers! Both bators hace dropped below 90°! We will go out in the morning and pip each one. I just want to scream!!!

Oh no. Wrap the bators with towels and blankets. Do you have those hand or feet warmers they can be used in an emergency. Do you have anyway to heat water to fill a bottle for the brooder? You are having a terrible time. We have a generator and inverters in our vehicles for emergencies. Hope everything works out.

No. I had nothing. Two and a half hours they were off. Almost went below 80°. Throwing eggs in bator 2 out and pipping the other in the first one. I'm so sick.

Just pipped. The egg I couldn't see through was in fact rotten. Two quit super early. one looks to quit shortly after beak was formed. Some had no blood veins and had started to take in the yolk when they died. They all had feathers. One's leg was backward. I'm so terribly upset.

I just read on this site that they may have survived. Now I feel really sick! With no movement when I pipped I just figured they were dead. Could I have been wrong?

Just candled 19 eggs from second batch. Two were infertile and six had blood rings. The others still have veins and one I saw the eye portion move! The second batch may have a chance!

Back
Top Bottom