New (to me!) Sebastopol Goose

We have pictures, LOL!!! I feel like Wilma Flintstone! Now our grandson is going to show us how to hook it up to the computer & download the pictures. He keeps saying, "You just plug it in!" What?? Plug what in? Where?

I swear there is a cut off age for this stuff! But then I had MANY other people on here say they were older, so I guess that excuse only works when you know everyone else is younger!!

Last edited:
We have pictures, LOL!!! I feel like Wilma Flintstone! Now our grandson is going to show us how to hook it up to the computer & download the pictures. He keeps saying, "You just plug it in!" What?? Plug what in? Where?

I swear there is a cut off age for this stuff! But then I had MANY other people on here say they were older, so I guess that excuse only works when you know everyone else is younger!!

LOL I'm still in the dark ages about a lot of stuff when it comes to electronics. I even threw away the card to my game camera yesterday could not find it in the trash can I know it was in there someplace though
hmm.png
Hated to have to tell dh that bit of news. He knows remotes for TV's that's about it.

Violet when I first got a computer I did not even know how to turn it on????? So had to read the directions. Then kept learning more everyday I was on it. My one friend told me do not be afraid of the computer just jump in and explore. So that is what I have done.
When you purchase a camera they have a cord that you plug into the camera and the other end you plug into the computer. There are different plug in spaces on the side of the computer you just find the one it fits into and turn your camera on and it comes p on the screen and ask if you want to import the pictures. That is how easy it is.....
frow.gif

Funny about throwing the card away!! I know my husband has gone through many the trash bag..

My Canada goose did not fall in love with her new bff, we hoped. Both are about 3-4 months old. One is a Canada goose and one a Sebastopol. I thought the Canada goose was so lonely and sad so I bought her a female friend - now she thinks it's her yard and who's this new girl anyway? I thought she would be so happy; but it's pure territorial and jealousy. Violet, the Canada turns on the other beautiful goose, whenever one of us goes outside (we haven't kept a name for her for more than a couple of days, so no permanent name yet..) and chases her away from us. Now they are separated with the yard divided in half. I notice they always lie close to the other, through the rails though. Most of the time they are both grazing or lying in the shade & I love the way they look out there.

I read something about putting two new geese to bed close together; like in a carrier. You wait until they are asleep and then put them in...? After a few nights, they forget that they haven't always been together... I didn't read this on Backyard Chickens though, so I wanted to check before I tried it. The Sebastopol is so sweet and submissive - the Canada WAS like that and now I guess she thinks the extra goose was unnecessary! LOL We also have a fold up pen that we could minimize around them, forcing them to lie close together (during the night.) What has worked for any of you?

You can not just put a new goose with the other one because they do not know each other yet. Keep them divided so they can see each other via through the fence. Do this for about a week or so. This way they get use to each other. You can put the one in a carrier at night and the other can choose to look in and maybe lay next to the new one.

Others will come here and give their opinion. Good luck.

Hi!

Thanks for answering. The aggression is much less than it was. We still have the dividing fence up but one or the other will work at it until they can get through to the other. The Canada was putting in a lot of effort (over an hour - I was watching off & on) to scoot part of the fence over so she could get through to the Sebbie.

I didn't think it would work out at first. Canada would run clear across the whole yard to pick on the Sebbie. :( Now they lie around a few yards from each other; so not as close as you usually see geese, but at least the Seb isn't hiding behind trees anymore. I felt so bad for her - alienated, etc and then the only other goose is a bully. But the last couple of days I've only seen the Sebbie running off chickens when they get too close to her (we have 5 hens.) I've stayed home and I can hear any squabbles outside and run right out there.

I hope I see them both in the pool sometime. I would think they had made it if I saw that. Now they take turns - both completely ignoring the existence of the pool while the other goose is in it. It's things like that that crack me up about geese. I hope no duck people read this but I tried ducks last summer and I am way too used to the obnoxiousness of geese! This Sebastipol is unbelievably sweet and docile. I thought people were exaggerating but they really are sweethearts!

I am very interested in getting a pair of sebastopols they sound amazing and are absolutly GORGEOUS! But I currently have ducks and have a close neighbor. I live on about three acres. Is that enough land to keep a goose? Will they get along with my ducks? Will they attack my neighbors? How loud are they?

I have also heard that some geese will fend off predators and some will sound an alarm. Do sebbies sound an alarm or fight or both or none?

Back
Top Bottom