New to Runner Ducks

HollyParks

Chirping
Sep 30, 2023
Hello,

I’m getting a couple of runner ducklings in a few days. My feed stores don’t have anything specific to ducks, but the All Purpouse poultry feed seems to fit their dietary needs best. What kind and where does everyone find feed for ducklings?

congratulations!!🎉 i use a chick starter crumble. and no matter what feed you use even if it’s duck specific you still need to add nutritional yeast. 1 tbsp per cup of feed.
are you in the usa? i get fed from a “tractor supply store.” and also a local feed and lumber store.

Is nutritional yeast the same as brewers? I’m in Oregon. We have a lot of locally grown and bagged livestock feed. Starter crumble, medicated broiler/start crumble, egg-laying pellets or crumble, and options for grains. I go there for my chicks and chickens feed but ducks are new to me!

Is nutritional yeast the same as brewers? I’m in Oregon. We have a lot of locally grown and bagged livestock feed. Starter crumble, medicated broiler/start crumble, egg-laying pellets or crumble, and options for grains. I go there for my chicks and chickens feed but ducks are new to me!
No, they aren't the same. You'll want the nutritional yeast specifically. A non-medicated starter crumble should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom