New to the board and very excited!

You're smarter than I was. I got the chickens FIRST and THEN started learning what to do with them!
tongue.png

Stick with the BYC! This place is AWESOME!
cool.png
woot.gif

Welcome from Indiana!
smile.png
I was in your shoes a week ago, waiting for my first chicks. It was agony...lol. In your head think "Wednesday" so if they come sooner it'll just be a happy surprise. I'm so excited for you!!!
big_smile.png

that is sooooo wonderful and welcome to BYC. i am semi new also and i love it in here.. the people have been warm and friendly and extremely helpful.. i am so jealous you are getting EE's . in the spring i plan on getting some too.. too cold in ny for them now.. gl and have a great time with your babies

I"m already addicted. Planning what I want to order in the spring. Maybe a couple marans and some australorps! I'm also going to get a turkey, a couple cayugas and my husband wants to get 25 broilers!

Welcome to our forum! I too am very new, and spent awhile lurking around like you have too. We recieved our first order of chicks on Wed 9/2. 24 beautiful babies! We went thru MyPetChicken.com, due to the variety that was still being offered. Murry McMurray had stopped some of the ones we wanted, until next season. I have to say, I am addicted, and have brought my poor hubby along too! We just finished up our first coop, PROUDLY, and already thinking of how to expand! All of our babies made it, are a robust 3 wks old this week, and I think they will be coming over the brooder wall this week. Welcome. You are gonna love this place!!
wee.gif

Welcome! I just love this site it has been sooooo valuable for me, especially since most of the feed stores really know nothing about raising chickens.

welcome to the chicken world.

What you need to do with yourself, while you are waiting is surf the threads here for great information, go get some chicken food, and a waterer, some pine shavings, and a heat lamp. Then go tell all your friends that you are getting chickens, and watch their reactions. If they are happy about it, remember that, and down the line THOSE folks will have first dibs on eggs.

Be sure to post the pics of your new arrivals.

Back
Top Bottom