New to the Chicken World

yes, it is okay to trim hers. She will be much happier that way! My goodness, I'm looking at the pictures and when you said 'big poof' you really meant it! That is one poofy chicken!
Then I'll definitely trim her...she's kinda jumpy. It could just be her temperament but it may also have to do with the fact that she gets nervous bc she can't see. Her name is Juicebox. (my son named her lol)

Then I'll definitely trim her...she's kinda jumpy. It could just be her temperament but it may also have to do with the fact that she gets nervous bc she can't see. Her name is Juicebox. (my son named her lol)
Yes, she is probably jumpy because she can't see. What a cute name!

Here are collages of each.... lol They all look different! My children LOVE them! We are waiting to see which are boys/girls before we name the silkies.

Attachments

• cutie.jpg
    cutie.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 6
  • fluffball.jpg
    fluffball.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 5
  • hellooo.jpg
    hellooo.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 5
  • little one.jpg
    little one.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 6
  • littleroo.jpg
    littleroo.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 5
  • poof.jpg
    poof.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
We are so glad you joined our flock.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Hi Michelle. Like you, I am new to the chicken world. I've learned a lot of helpful information from the members here. You have some gorgeous girls there. Good luck with everything. If I find some useful info you night be able to use, I'll pass it on. Take care.

I can see that they are different. I have isa browns, and I could/can tell them apart (although I've now forgotten who is who). The thing with similar looking chooks is that you can't instantly recognise someone when she/they run up to you. I could tell the difference when I had 3 black australorps - same colour, but there were differences.

Back
Top Bottom