New to the group!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HeidiH, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Greetings from Illinois! My husband and I just purchased a country home in Wisconsin where we plan on retiring. Retirement is about 4 years away and until then we plan on spending time up North getting everything put together for when we move up there. The home we purchased has a small chicken coop and we intend to have chickens when we move up North. I joined the group to gain knowledge and learn from everyone what I can do to make having chickens an enjoyable experience. My other half is in charge of designing and preparing the garden area and the chickens are my project. I would like to start with the coop that is there and build on it....

2. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

3. TinaK

TinaK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG]

Your retirement plans sound lovely. I hope you will have some pictures of your place in Wisconsin to share with us all.

This forum is an amazing resource. You will learn lots and I have no doubt that you will find chickens a most rewarding and enjoyable addition to your country retirement!

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] from Indiana! Retirement in four years sounds [​IMG] Retirement with chickens will be even better!! [​IMG]

5. chickenpooplady

chickenpooplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Ohio
    My Coop
    [​IMG] from southern Ohio!!!

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    [​IMG]

8. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

9. CountryRoosterUSA

CountryRoosterUSA Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Heidi! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! How nice, it sounds beautiful! [​IMG] I'm sure you're going to love it too! Enjoy your chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by