New to the Wonderful World of Peafowl

You have come to the right place. Just reading over the threads you will learn a huge amount, I know I did. Any questions, feel free to ask. We have 37 Peas currently, though I do need to sell some yearlings this spring. We started with Black Shouldered and now have those plus, India Blue, white, purple, opal, pied, silver pied, burmese green, spalding, and a bronze bs. :D

Do you have to supply submittal heat for the greens in winter?

Do you have to supply submittal heat for the greens in winter?

Yes, I have Fred my Burmese Green in a heated house. We keep it set at about 45 degrees, the spaldings which are his offspring also spent the winter in that house, but from here on out they should be okay without the heat, they are only 50% greens.

Yes, I have Fred my Burmese Green in a heated house. We keep it set at about 45 degrees, the spaldings which are his offspring also spent the winter in that house, but from here on out they should be okay without the heat, they are only 50% greens.

TY:) I was just wondering......

Do you have a picture of Fred? I'd love to see him!

TY:) I was just wondering......

You're very welcome!
big_smile.png

Thanks everyone, I think he's quite a hunk myself!
love.gif
I just wish the hens would let his crest grow in, as long as I've had him he's never had a crest, he actually lowers his head and lets the girls peck it off.

Back
Top Bottom