New to the Wonderful World of Peafowl

Hi Everyone! I just got a Peacock and a hen last year. I was told they wwere 1 years old and should be laying this spring! I am anxiously awaiting their eggs! They are in an encloes rather large pen with some Mandarin Ducks..First do you think that might be a problem in breeding season? Second should I be making a nesting area for them with some hay or anything? Their is only a small 3 sided shed with dirt on the ground......HELP!

I let 5 of my 6 peas out of their pen this morning. They are flying all over the place, but they are coming back to their pen every once in a while. There is still 1 in the pen. When can I let them all out without them taking off?

I let 5 of my 6 peas out of their pen this morning. They are flying all over the place, but they are coming back to their pen every once in a while. There is still 1 in the pen. When can I let them all out without them taking off?

Margaret, nobody can give you an exact answer to that. You are there and have been observing them, you will have to go with your own instincts. Anyone of us could make a guess, and end up being wrong because all Peacocks are different and all situations have variables. There are no Black and White answers to those questions. Chances are you could let them all out now and they will be fine, but I am not going to tell you it will be fine, because I could be wrong and then I would feel terrible.
hu.gif

Last edited:

Margaret, nobody can give you an exact answer to that. You are there and have been observing them, you will have to go with your own instincts. Anyone of us could make a guess, and end up being wrong because all Peacocks are different and all situations have variables. There are no Black and White answers to those questions. Chances are you could let them all out now and they will be fine, but I am not going to tell you it will be fine, because I could be wrong and then I would feel terrible. :confused:  
[/quote}
Ok, TY:)

Well, I did it here is all six of them! They seem to stay in the yard. We have 60 acres and the front yard is about 290 yds. from I-35. So it's kind of noisey over there. So far they won 't go in that direction!

Back
Top Bottom