New to this

djronron

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2015
Louisiana
I have been collecting eggs for about a week now. My incubator has been at a constant temp of 101. I plan on putting them in today.

Any good advice from the professionals out there?

My first ones did not do any good. Going to try again

So do I help by gently cracking the shell??
When I assist I get some q-tips water and tweezers. I wet the q tip and moisten the membranes then I proceed by chipping just the shell away and moistening the membrane. If the membrane is free of prominent veining I will pull that aside as well. I will make a zip around the egg, continuing to moisten the membrane and pulling it back as long as there is no veining. At the first sight of veining or blood, I moisten the spot and return them to the bator and give them time to progress on it's own. Many times they can progress on their own after the initial help. Sometimes a complete assist is needed. 3 days after an external pip I would not expect to see veining.

Last edited:
When you first put the eggs in the incubator it will take awhile to reach 101 again. Don't become overanxious and turn up the thermostat. I have in the past and cooked the eggs.

That would be it
I'm sorry to hear that.
wink.png
First off, do you have an individual thermometer in the bator that you can trust because the dital read out on the 9300 is usually wrong, and most people have to set it 2-3 degrees higher to actually get it right inside.

Back
Top Bottom