New to turken chicken

Attachments

• 20220625_151314.jpg
    20220625_151314.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 4
I have TNN. That's a cockerel. The smaller is a hen. They are slow developers. My cockerel was more than happy to let my other cockerel rule the roost because pecking order took place before he began crowing. They don't like confrontation. They come into their own about a month to 2 months behind other breeds. If anyone wants to dispute this, please don't! Chickens are like people. All act and mature differently
Very true. There are generalizations but each bird is different.

I have 5

Nova- I got from the feed store.
!nv.PNG

Below is "Bel" She was hatched from an egg I got from an in-law, (MT), She is 4 months old now.
!sg.PNG

Below is Rusty, also from an egg I got from MT. 4 months old now.
rusty.PNG

Below is Fancy Nancy, she was hatched from an egg from NC. Here friend is "Beatrice" a blue copper maran.
!s.PNG

Below is "Bubo" She is the daughter of Nova.
bilf.PNG

They are in the SOP, so I assume at one point there were enough people breeding them to set standards for them to gain entry.
Yes but they aren’t very popular and original stock was black and white and…red? I forget, it has been a while since I’ve read up on them. People like fancy chickens so they’ve been crossed a lot

Yes but they aren’t very popular and original stock was black and white and…red? I forget, it has been a while since I’ve read up on them. People like fancy chickens so they’ve been crossed a lot
Yes, that is true but still not purebred Naked Necks when they are crossed to other breeds, just like with any other kind of chicken. I was only pointing it out so the OP was aware of it in case there was an intention to breed and sell chicks.

Back
Top Bottom