1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Tractor Supply NW Florida

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Buckaroo, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    Milton Florida
    Yesterday I drove 2 hrs to Tractor supply in chipley to get some supplies. On my way home I took a new route, and be darned, a new one was being built in Crestview Florida. Now I won't have to drive so far.
    Now I would be really excited if it were Orscheln Farm & Home instead of TS. That was my store of choice, but those are all up north, so TS will due.

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Great! That'll sure save you on gas.
    Around here it's Atwoods stores. I adore Atwoods. It's like a walmart for country girls. Got everything I need for my critters and great things for the house too.

3. tattooedchickenlady

tattooedchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Dinky Springs, la
    We just got a TS near me, I was SSSooooo excited. Well, I'm a little less excited now, but they are still pretty cool in my book.

4. Clomer

Clomer New Egg

Oct 28, 2008
    Milton, Fl
    Hi Buckaroo,

I live in Milton as well. I was wondering - actually, more like worried - about why you had to drive all the way to Chipley to get what you needed? My first order (ever) of Dominiques is due Nov 12th and I am gearing up for them now. I went by Chaver’s the other day and the guy said “He had everything I will need”. But I don’t know… I just didn’t get any warm and fuzzzies about the place since I couldn’t see any of the stuff or price shop - not much of a showcase for chicken goodies and he was so busy I didn‘t feel like bugging him with newbie stuff. But they have been here as long as I can remember and I am a native. Why not them?

Anyway, I understand that TSC won’t be open in Crestview until too late for me. And, since I don’t even want to go that far to get chicken essentials, I was wondering if maybe there were better places in Pcola?

(And, hey, it’s neat to find a neighbor on here)

5. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    I love Tractor Supply Company.

6. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    Milton Florida
    Quote:I usally do all my business at mannings feed, Andy can get what you need. As for TSC, I like a little change, and a good ole road trip.

Mannings will also have chicks on Oct 30th.

7. Clomer

Clomer New Egg

Oct 28, 2008
    Milton, Fl
    Thanks, Buckaroo. I’ll go check out Mannings. BTW, the Crestview TSC soft opens Nov 15th and the grand opening is Dec 6th.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by