New UpDate!!!!!,,,My ducks were killed last night!!!

I'm so sorry about your ducks.I would be very upset if I lost "DUCKY" she's so sweet:
love.gif

Good luck with the buck shot. In the words of the movie Tropic Thunder time to become a "Lead farmer."

All poultry and waterfowl should be enclosed in a predator proof shelter every night or they will sooner or later get eaten as you found out.
Pens offer no protection even if they have hot wire on them since owls are still a threat.

hit.gif
If I do start back up having ducks again.I will be sure to let you know.But with my husband being so sick right now.I will have to take a break.I just could not believe my eyes.We finally found out it was a Bear!!!!!..I knew there was some around,but never dreamed of them coming this close to the house.And they were protected very well.Had a great cover top and a good pen.But just did not have electric fence to pen.Should of known better.My Rouen female is in so much shock she is just sitting there and seems like she can not breath good.But the Rouen Drake is moving around some better.And the caygua female is doing better.But I won`t be able to sleep because of getting up and down.Checking on them.Thanks for prayers,,Sandra

Sorry to hear about your rotten experience. No matter what we do to protect our birds sometimes it's just not enough. Even if they had been in a coop a bear could have torn it apart if it really wanted to, so don't beat yourself up about it. If you have any plans to come down to FL I'd be glad to give you some of the Cayugas I got from you (assuming they hatch...11 are still doing well). Just let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Back
Top Bottom