New York mini chickenstock 2016

Who gave Duckie to you? It's a Welsh Harlequin, I didn't know you didn't know or I could have told you when she was younger, lol.

Last edited:
Who gave Duckie to you? It's a Welsh Harlequin, I didn't know you didn't know or I could have told you when she was younger, lol.
cutipatooti (I think) lol. It's been a long day. Babies live in the teen coop full time now and I just found out I have (yippee yippee) a 4th rooster. Plus last week of school is this week. I give.

Ok so now off to study Welsh Harlequin ducks.

Then he's probably a drake. She had sexed her ducklings at hatch by beak sexing and wanted to get rid of some extra boys, I believe. Beak sexing is only about 70 to 90 percent accurate though. You can tell for sure when his quack comes in - low and raspy, a drake. Loud and sounds like an actual quack means it's a female.

Last edited:
The Littles enjoy the freedom of the run. Now the only critter still in a cage is Oreo. Her favorite place to be is my hood on my sweatshirt. She thinks I'm her personal carriage. Heck I let her out of her cage into the run and the sneak escaped and hunted me down.

Chickenstock hatchings! Had 2 early birds yesterday when I got home from work, now up to 17 chickies. Who put a naked neck in there? Hubby already named it abomination lol. And got a couple solid blacks with black legs - so cute!

Me too! One egg I put under a broody is pipping, a couple in the bator are peeping!
celebrate.gif
Can I safely move pipped chicks from the bator to under a broody? I currently have 3 broody hens....would love them to raise the chicks naturally..

Chickenstock hatchings! Had 2 early birds yesterday when I got home from work, now up to 17 chickies. Who put a naked neck in there? Hubby already named it abomination lol. And got a couple solid blacks with black legs - so cute!

You got my eggs, so the solid black ones with black legs are probably AC crosses :) No breeding age NNs here though so that one isn't mine!

I have hatchlings too. Four silkies and two ACs so far. That might be all I get - I think a lot of the others were late quitters for some reason.

Me too! One egg I put under a broody is pipping, a couple in the bator are peeping!:celebrate   Can I safely move pipped chicks from the bator to under a broody? I currently have 3 broody hens....would love them to raise the chicks naturally..

Yes you can, as long as the broody is willing. I wait until the chicks are fully hatched and fluffed though, so they don't shrink wrap in the transfer.

You got my eggs, so the solid black ones with black legs are probably AC crosses :) No breeding age NNs here though so that one isn't mine!

I have hatchlings too. Four silkies and two ACs so far. That might be all I get - I think a lot of the others were late quitters for some reason.

I figured they were AC chicks once I seen how black the legs were. :)
The NN is either lavender or blue and will have a bow tie. Appears to have a what looks like a hernia, had lots of goo behind it when it hatched, more than the other chicks. Keeping an eye on it to make sure the others don't pick at it.

Back
Top Bottom