New York mini chickenstock 2016

I just sent my order in to Sandhill preservation for some white Orpingtons I'll know my ship date in a few weeks. I also ordered buff Cochins, dorkings, mahogany faverolles and basques. I won't be able to keep all I order.

I may have some silkies available depending on the girls. I may also have some red chicks if anyone is interested.

I'd be interested in some RIR hatching eggs :)

I may be interested in a few silkies...

Also does anyone have/will have any Orpington chicks and or eggs?

There is someone towards Albany direction that advertised BBS and Lav Orp chicks and eggs in the farm sale group in FB. I'm thinking of getting some hatching eggs from her. She is a rare member here, getting married so will not be attending chickenstock.
Deb in Pompey has buff Orp, not English sized.

I just sent my order in to Sandhill preservation for some white Orpingtons I'll know my ship date in a few weeks. I also ordered buff Cochins, dorkings, mahogany faverolles and basques. I won't be able to keep all I order.
I'd consider some Faverolles if you need to sell them.

I am hatching Cream Brabanters soon, I think. I'm hoping to have a good selection for my breeding purposes and if I have extras I'll keep this posted. I'm trying to rebuild my incubator to fit more eggs. I'll probably have olive eggers too.

I'd be interested in some RIR hatching eggs
smile.png

There is someone towards Albany direction that advertised BBS and Lav Orp chicks and eggs in the farm sale group in FB. I'm thinking of getting some hatching eggs from her. She is a rare member here, getting married so will not be attending chickenstock.
Deb in Pompey has buff Orp, not English sized.

I got some fabulous RIR pullets from Luv last year. They are laying splendidly.

I got some fabulous RIR pullets from Luv last year. They are laying splendidly.
I got them from a friend of mine. They sold all their birds this fall "to follow other interests"
hu.gif
...All they talk about is how they shouldn't have gotten rid of all of their birds. Such as life...Last time I talked to them I said..."I told you so" I knew that they shouldn't have gotten rid of them all...
barnie.gif

I don't see us ever giving up our chickens. They have become a very important part of life here. Responsibilities for the kids, food for us, and most of all PEST CONTROL! !! I love the fact they eat bugs.

Hi, there! Is this for all or just people you know? 40 min or so for me, have never been to such a thing, sounds intriguing! Is it a swap? Sale? Please educate me. Thank you!
1f60a.png

I'm not sure I'm setting this up correctly but here goes nothing. I have contacted several of you about a gathering at my home in May. This page is where I would like for plans to be made. Please feel free to give ideas .
@Metella @myfivegirls @boskelli1571
@PhoredaBurds @rancher hicks @Tab's chicken obsession

Date : May 28 2016
Time :11am until ???
Place: Harpursville Ny

I would like everyone to bring a dish of some sort to be shared.
Please make sure you bring cages or boxes to keep your critters in, my fencing is all used up on my flock.
I have water to fill your containers for birds I just can't provide containers. Please bring your own chairs and if you have access to one a pop-up tent for shelter.

I will have chicks, eggs and possibly some started veggie plants.

Last edited:
Hi, there! Is this for all or just people you know? 40 min or so for me, have never been to such a thing, sounds intriguing! Is it a swap? Sale? Please educate me. Thank you!
1f60a.png
1f423.png
please attend, but only if you are a crazy chicken lady like the rest of us. Way back at page 1 post 3 or 4 there is a post that has links e beds to post who is bringing what and you can start there. There will be kids, chicks, eggs, food, fun, plants, an auction and possibly bunnies. There will be no drugs, alcohol(in excess) nothing not family (kid) friendly. We are all looking for new breeds and new homestead type stuff.

Back
Top Bottom