New York mini chickenstock 2016

I'm in - I'll have Marans hatching eggs (dark eggs NOT show quality due to feather colors but wonderful birds) will let Phodora do the Spitz at this - as she is the local breeder ! :)

I have a BIG plum tree for Boskilli - no charge ! :)

I'll add to list - but will bring snack crackers (medium packets the kids can grab and go - flavored) and something to drink - like a few gallons of tea or lemonaide or some equvilant.

For the raffle - I'll bring some wine and crackers for a small basket.

For plants - I'll have some heritage light skinned - naturally big pumpkins (they were grown specifically to feed livestock) Seeds or starts ? and some really funky types of tree sprouts - all that do something for a homestead .... feed or thorns or such :)

Everything but the big leaved oregano did great - I am sure that was my fault for not getting that planted soon enough ! :) VERY pleased.

That plum tree is already potted - I did it a month ago - so that it will really travel well - as even digging them up a month before - left them a little wilty .... so now it will perk up and thrive through spring for you.

I can't get my stuff to post in the form so here it is.

Eggs & chicks.
Silver spitzhauben over black astrolorp
Silver spitzhauben over white leghorn
Golden spitzhauben over production red
Golden spitzhauben over black astrolorp

I can start about and vegetables you would like to pick up that day.

I will have ample bedding for all to use that day if your ok using fresh pine. We cut and chip our own. Its not dried or anything.

I have a grill to be used for hotdogs burgers or sausage. I also have a nice open field for kids to run romp and play until they drop.

My husband would like to know if any of you are men and if any of you ladies will be bringing you husband's? He's not impressed with the thought of spending the day with a bunch of "cray chicken ladies". He hasn't been bit by the chicken bug yet.

my husband may be actually going to part of this - dropping me off in the am - but spending some of the afternoon - but much to your husband's dismay - my husband is super quiet - doesn't talk much at all, will not enjoy meeting new people and will be happiest sitting in our tent and playing on his tablet. He will, however, help with things - he is very helpful - just not a drop of social in him.
lol.png

When ever I talk to my husband about chickenstock he refers to it as a "Chick-Nic" ..nothing but a bunch of chicks talking about chickens... He has no interest in coming at all... Which is fine with me cause if he did, after about 30 minutes he would be in my ear saying "Is it time to go yet" and "Lets go..Lets go..Lets go" He can be a big baby sometimes. He is a great guy (of course or I wouldn't have married him) but he doesn't do well in large crowds of new people. He is more of a home body when he is home...

As long as everything goes well and I get to come I could have Magpie ducklings and Magpie eggs both blue and black to bring.

I will be on the lookout for new chickens...The majority of my flock is getting over 3 so no one is laying and will be looking to replace most all of them next year...I think that I'm leaning towards orpingtons of various colors, and possibly some Blue laced red wyandotte or any other breed that is interesting, I never know.

Do any of you have a fear of large dogs or an alergy to dogs? I ask because I have 2. 1 roams our property and LOVES people, critters and kids. He's very loving and very safe. I also have a smaller dog who does not like people so he will not be allowed near anyone in May. He cute and funny as heck but he's odd. Just wanted to give a heads up.

My husband would like to know if any of you are men and if any of you ladies will be bringing you husband's? He's not impressed with the thought of spending the day with a bunch of "cray chicken ladies". He hasn't been bit by the chicken bug yet.

I just read this post to my DH, lol. "I certainly can relate to him. I wouldn't want to be surrounded by a bunch of crazy chicken ladies either," is the wide eyed response I got. It's unlikely that I will be able to convince him to come, but will try. He's kinda quiet too. He'd probably get along well w ur DH, @Metella if I can get him out there. :D

My husband is outgoing. He enjoys doing "man stuff" like building and fixing stuff. He will probably be up at the front of the property with our sons so they can play basketball and ride bikes. We will be further back so if any cheeps escape they are away from the road and dangers.

Back
Top Bottom