New York mini chickenstock 2016

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Chicken girl 15, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Chicken girl 15

Chicken girl 15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    you could go super simple and bring chips, hotdogs, or anything that is easy. Or you could get creative like me (only because I love food it's a worse weakness than chicks) I'm making at least 1 desert, pasta salad, deviled eggs, and who knows what else.

2. cutipatooti

cutipatooti Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2012
    Barryville NY
    It looks like my hubby and I with our 4 boys ages 2 to 8 will be able to make it unless something catastrophic happens. I don't see much on the list of what people are bringing. I was thinking we could bring watermelons. How many do you think we would need?

I may have a few cream legbars, pullets and cockerels that I won't be keeping, also a very small isbar pullet if anyone is interested. Possibly a few other breeds.

If anyone has any other suggestions on what I should bring let me know. I'm still working on some thing for the raffle.

3. Chicken girl 15

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    watermelon is a great idea. I have a knife and BIG bowl so you can cut it here. About a week before I should have a count of people so I will let everyone know. Right now I can safely say 15 for sure and at least 20-25 more. And those 15 are you and yours PhoredaBurds and Metella plus my 7 .

Cream legbars? ? How many more breeds can possibly be here!? I'm going to end up with such a colorful flock I'm going to have to use 1/2 my property for coops.

Oh well, the eggs sell so they pay for their own feed, and I enjoy watching my feathered friends.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  4. Chicken girl 15

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    SERIOUSLY! !! MY ADD SAYS EGGS FOR SALE. I AM KEEPING MY PULLETS AND MY HENS. DON'T CALL ME ASKING HOW MUCH FOR 2 PULLETS! !! DUH!!!

Ok rant over. This guy really did tell me I am un reasonable. The birds belong to the kids. How do you sell your kids birds?

5. Susieq2015

Susieq2015 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2015
    Upstate New York

Yep I ran into the same thing, plus they'd be expecting them for dirt cheap. After a half a year plus of caring for and feeding to point of lay like we really want to give up our girls, & definitely not for next to nothing.

6. Chicken girl 15

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    my girls might only be worth $10 each but to pry them from my barn would cost much more. Those girls eat a lot of bugs out of my garden all year long. I have no intention of selling my girls. When they "age out" they will become soup or lawn ornaments. If they want day olds I can oblige or eggs sure how many would you like. For you other chicken people in here yes I could part with a few to help in an emergency. Say your coop gets invaded (which better not happen ) or you need a breed I have for a project your doing. Don't just think I'm gonna raise out a pullet for nothing though. Heck if people want to buy started pullets that's fine , ask me now to raise them out for you. Yes pay up front so I know I'm not stuck with more than I need.

Oh wow. Time to simmer down a bit.

7. Chicken girl 15

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    Ok to correct the attitude issue in that last post.

I would be very happy to grow out pullets for any of you. I would also sell you one or more of my bug eaters with no hard feelings. You are all good flock owners who see this as our little community. Those who just want to skip the raising part and get the rewards of eggs can pay more.

8. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    My major concern with people like that is that they probably aren't going to care properly for the birds. They don't want to pay a reasonable amount for a bird, so what are they going to feed it? house it? etc. etc. some folks want a lot for nothing....[​IMG]
    Anyway - back to food - your idea of hot dogs sounds good, so I will bring dogs,buns and fixin's [​IMG]

9. Chicken girl 15

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    Sweet, that just knocked dogs and fixins off my list. And show me a kid who won't eat dogs.

10. Chicken girl 15

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    [​IMG] oopse. Busted by mom. That's my 9 year old taking over my baking . She told me this morning she was making peanut butter cookies and she did indeed.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by