New York mini chickenstock 2016

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Chicken girl 15, Nov 29, 2015.

1. akaruby

akaruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2015
    Southern Tier, NY
    Well I'm sure I'll want them even more after pictures lol

2. Susieq2015

Susieq2015 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2015
    Upstate New York

Your very welcome:):)

3. PhoredaBurds

PhoredaBurds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2014
    NY Finger Lakes Region

I represent that... or resent... well, accept that. :). I blame these guys:
    [​IMG]
    My first hatch of the season.

3 people like this.
  4. Chicken girl 15

Chicken girl 15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    see that right there!!! That's the problem! !! Those fuzzy little things.. AHHHH I WANT MORE MORE MORE!!!

Before yall think I'm crazy or going over board, I have buyers for my eggs. That's why I am safe buying a load of chickens. And I'm in a farm community so I'm safe to go all out fowl. :)

5. Devona

Devona Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2015
    Queens, New York

Heyyyyy, I protest!!!![​IMG] I don't recall enabling you at all!!! Seriously, though, I really hope I don't get carried away and get any chickens when I come. [​IMG] I shouldn't even have as many as I currently have, in my tiny backyard! I should probably have half as many, if even. I may be able to resist chicks, since to my untrained eye, they mostly look the same; but if I see any pretty adult birds, I would be severely tempted. I was googling pics of a few I saw you guys mentioned, and some are definitely eye candy, like the pavlovskaya. But I suppose it's the roosters that have the nicest plumage, so since I'm not allowed roosters, I should be safe from buying any, unless I completely lose my marbles. My one accidental rooster is already too much. Y'all pinch me if I look like I might buy any live critters. But I could definitely get a plant or four.

6. tao chick

tao chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2015
    Herkimer County, NY
    I'll let you know how the Pavlovskaya hens turn out. Just for your reference in 8-10 years if you replace any of your current birds... haha. I'm not bringing any plants but will probably consider buying some. Now that I think about it I could start some vegetable or herb plants. I'm not sure how much space I'll have in my garden so I might have some left overs...

7. PhoredaBurds

PhoredaBurds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2014
    NY Finger Lakes Region

Who knew such a tiny, innocent looking creature could have so much power, lol.

I'm sure the Pav hens will be beautiful. Black & orange w big hair & beards, how could they not be? This is another issue I have w chickens: so many amazing varieties & colors. Must stay strong...

1 person likes this.
  8. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    My intended list of plants as follows: thyme, parsley, sage, oregano(greek & italian), yarrow, sweet woodruff, lambs' ears, beebalm, chives, hen & chicks, lemon balm, ?foxgloves, coneflower.
    It seems I will also be bringing some Mille Fleur Barbu D'Uccle chicks........
    I'm still undecided on the potluck food ....any simple requests? I can feed chickens but I'm no human chef.....[​IMG]

9. Chicken girl 15

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    your right you didn't enable me, I enabled you.

But now you are added to the "no critter " list. Its for your own safety or I would convince you to buy 1 of each. :) Yes I am evil.

1 person likes this.
  10. Chicken girl 15

May 28, 2015
    harpursville ny
    We are fighting a no win battle. Those of us with the space, enthusiasm and time are out of luck I do think. Its just to much fun to sit in the back yard and watch the to not get more.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by