New Yorker gets in trouble for defending family

Quote:
lol.png
I think you may be on to something there Red...

Honestly, I am a mother bear when it comes to my family. I know there are many that wouldn't agree with me, however if I had 20 men com my lawn, threatening me and my children, there would be 20 less men in the world.
hmm.png

I think it's a joke this man is being charged with anything, while the tresspassors are not
he.gif
. What is wrong with this country...oh wait, I already know...
wink.png

Quote:
I saw on the news this morning that there were only two or three on his lawn when he brought out the gun. He never once called the police according to the reports. Once he brought out the gun, reinforcements arrived and that's when he opened fire.

Last edited:
Already answered that one Q9....

Quote:
If he got this one legally than I'm sure he was told (ad nauseum) all about the laws involved... they do tend to go over and over them you know? And if so then he was well aware that firing that bugger for anything short of ARMED MOB ATTACKING would get him in trouble. Yeah, there was a mob... but I've not heard mention about them having guns... did they and I just missed it? Or did the morons show up to a gun fight with knives? If the hoods all carry knives in that area what in the nine hells did he think he needed an AK-47 for? Overkill, if you'll pardon the pun. Excessive Force... that sort of thing.

Honestly... you whipped out a massive assault gun in a neighborhood and opened fire... and you wonder why maybe they're not happy about it? Seriously, you actually wonder what their problem is? Either this guy is just as cocky as the hoods, that think they can do whatever they want and everyone just better accept their authority... or he's a freakin' moron. Either way I wouldn't trust a gun in his hands... hot blood and stupidity have costs tons of lives, and continue to do so daily.

Besides which, now the entire neighborhood, including those thugs, knows you've got a readily accessible AK-47 in your home... I bet you dollars to donuts their house is robbed the first time it's empty... and then it really will be the Bad Guys who now have that weapon... not good, not good at all.

Quote:
I saw on the news this morning that there were only two or three on his lawn when he brought out the gun. He never once called the police according to the reports. Once he brought out the gun, reinforcements arrived and that's when he opened fire.

I thought that was most likely what happened.

It wasn't the smartest thing for this guy to go trotting out with his assault weapon and escalate the situation.

Of curse, now folks are going to start squawking that "They shouldn't have been on his lawn!" or "One toe over the edge of the sidewalk and I woulda shot at them, too!"

Regardless of whether he was involved in a criminal activities (which is a pretty large assumption to make....plenty of people live in high crime areas through no fault of their own other than poverty), his children deserve to be kept safe by whatever means.

I try to put myself in his shoes and I say, Heck, I would have shot them. If 20 thugs where on my property threatening my kids.....there would be 20 less thugs in this world.

I think his force proportional to the threat posed. If he had not reacted, sheer numbers would have easily overpowered him.

Just my opinion.
idunno.gif

Regardless of what he does or doesnt do in his life, a person should have the right to defend his life property and family. Gang mentallity is to do what damage they can do be it intimidation or physically harm. They are all punks that wont do anything much one on one but always in a group. If he did go into his house to wait for the police they still could have broke in and did whatever or even set the house to fire. Seen it happen before. Also if they know they can intimidate they wont stop. To charge this guy and not the other is stupid. But stupid is our laws. In illinois you have to have a FOID card to even own a gun no problem with that but you cant have a gun on your person in your vehicle etc. If you have a gun in your car it has to be dismantled and bullets in another part of your car away from the gun, so say I go to get in my car and a guy comes up to assult me what am i supposed to do say hey what a minute I have to get my gun find my bullets put it together. Ok now you can try to assult me? They say gun laws protect people but the only people I see protected are the criminals. I personally dont own a gun but The way things are going in this world am seriously thinking of getting one. Ok that is my rant. Sorry so long

^Gun laws only apply to people who obey the law... a criminal (the one you'd have a gun to protect you and yours from) don't give a fig about them... it's a catch-22 pain in the butt pile of poo.

I agree that you should be able to defend, no doubt, but you should not be able to go on the offensive... that's what this guy did it SEEMS. Just as the thugs should not have gone on the offensive by entering his property, likewise he shouldn't have gone on the offensive and opened fire.

I agree, if they charge him for his actions, they should also charge the thugs with theirs. BOTH should be held accountable for what they did. Unfortunately for him opening fire on unarmed people is a lot more serious than stepping foot on another person's property.

But again, he knew that before he ever bought that weapon. He chose to open fire KNOWING it would have consequences. What's going to happen now because of his rash action? Fines, Jail, even taking the weapon... which results in his family being LESS protected than before. Whether it was due to hot blood, or just stupidity, either way it's his family that's going to suffer for his actions... which just sucks rocks.

Had he placed himself in front of the door, with weapon in hand, and only fired IF they got close enough to harm him (assuming fists, knives, etc were their only weapons at hand) THEN he wouldn't be in this trouble.... police would have arrived, thugs run off, end of story... and in the future those same thugs would know that this guy doesn't mess around and will shoot their butts so maybe lesson learned. Instead he got hasty and opened fire on what the courts will see as unarmed citizens... and not with a little ol' pistol... nope, with an assault rifle that's designed for the sole purpose of mowing down multiple targets.

Guy REALLY stepped in it... had he kept his wits, acted like a responsible adult, not panicked... wouldn't be in this mess.

I'm just glad that his panic didn't result in anyone taking a bullet. Straight shot or ricochet that very well could have happened, for bystander's sake that's a great thing... and for his sake as it would have resulted in a homicide charge.

All we can hope is that the thugs learned not to mess with this family... as opposed to learning to come armed with guns next time... and that the owner learned to not just open fire at the slightest threat and risk bystanders but to wait for an actual threat, not just peacocks prancing and trying to get a rise before risking his life, his family's and any neighbors.

How many times have we heard about people who hear about a neighbor being robbed so they run out and get a gun and end up panicking and shooting themselves in the foot? Panic is NOT the way to go... you need to be familiar with the weapon, and know when to use it... otherwise you're just a threat to yourself and everyone within range.

Back
Top Bottom