New Zealand - anyone else?

goldngirl - im sorry to hear about your pekin they are such lovely chickens i got my first 2 yesterday but have wanted them for so long. Ann is great aye - i love to look at all her chooks and get eggs/chicks off her.

stephanie - im sorry i have no idea apart from i have heared storys of people that end up not wanted them so they just let them go so i guess there would be a lot of breeds.

ok thank u.
smile.png

Indeed it is the same Ann... It's a small chicken world!
hi all since i posted last i have 9 new chicks. 2 barred rock, 1 silver laced wyandotte, 1 sussex, 1 houdan, 1 araucana, 1 frizzle, 1 buff pekin and 1 blue pekin :) I love all these cute chicks.

eksterhuis You said in one of your posts about a lady called ann. Is this ann who lives in spencerville? Its nice to talk to other people from chch area that love chickens

Hope you all are well

I'm really sorry to hear about your mottle! She was lovely, but maybe that is why she was seeking heat so much... poor thing! I have 2 that had to be 'put down' yesterday, one couldn't walk and the other wasn't eating/drinking and was walking round it circles... So I have now culled my first chicken... I hope I don't need to do it too often!

I can't wait for my Pekins to hatch! I think I'm going to hand rear them so they are super friendly!

Big hugs!

My little mottle pekin girl died:'( She wasn't right yesterday..I knew something was wrong. Was so sad to find her this morning
hit.gif
She was just so lovely but definately not healthy like my others her age..

Picked up my spangle today and she is a lovely wee thing that is happily picked up..I bought her to be friends with another one that is all alone now since her friend ended up a roo..BUT no it can't be that easy as she doesn't want to be friends with the spangle and just wants to attack her!
barnie.gif
Might have to go back and get her a sibling as I feel a bit sorry for her!

What a day!

Sounds so exciting all these new chicks:)

Nicola I go and see Ann in spencerville too

Hi!

I'm not from New Zealand (actually, South Australia... don't tell anyone... wait! Our school holidays are the same! Yay!), but my father's mother was from Christchurch and my mother's uncle lives there. Which isn't as complicated as it sounds. I have quite a few relatives in Christchurch and I had my first birthday there. Does that count?

Also, Christchurch and Adelaide were both designed by Colonel William Light. Well, I think he just copied a graph book, but there you have it; if you know your way around Adelaide, you know your way around Christchurch, and vice versa, except your river's in the wrong place.

Well, I think I've missed this thread. Oh, well.

from Rachel.

Hey there - I'm from Auckland. We just bought a house in central Auckland and it came with chicken coop and 3 brown shavers. One has died already and the other two are on their last legs so I've ordered 2 Barred Rock and 2 Light Sussex. I've done a chicken raising course and am very keen to get going with my little urban farm :)

Hi I am from North Canterbury, just outside of Rangiora , I have 30 or so chooks manily hyline but have houdans(which I love) sussex,barred rock,etc.Have got some eggs due to hatch under a broody tomorrow so hears hoping all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom