New Zealand - anyone else?

Hi! New to BYC and living in Dunedin. Have a flock of 8 mixed chicks, 5 weeks old. So excited to have chickens!

yes i am from christchurch also, i breed orpingtons and have such fun with them, they are one of my many delights......i have ducks......

glad to be in touch with another kiwi.

Hi another kiwi from christchurch, haven't had any huge shakes lately but still the odd one here and there..... With GOD on our side what could go wrong, one would ask.........

:)

just replying to you, yes i am from christchurch, loving my birds, i breed orpingtons and just them to bits, i did have a bit of a mixed bag but decided a couple of years ago to concentrate on one breed, so orpingtons it was, just a fabulous bird really....... check out my pics.
cheers :)

what breeds do you have, as you would've read i have just orpingtons, but have thought about looking at chinese silkies as they are just gorgeous wee birds, very lovely natures........hows it down in Dunedin...... we have had some great days here at the moment......

what breeds do you have there....as you will have read i breed and raise orpingtons here, just a fabulous bird and all rounder..enjoying them so much

cheers

i always find that time of year so exciting myself, i have now got a Brinsea egg incubator (this is my second season with it), and have found it absolutely fantastic, i just love the whole process and watching them grow etc, i have just put out in the paddock my latest bunch of chickens and have to say they are thoroughly enjoying it too, they are in a pretty big pen with hay on their bed as they are not roosting yet, but its a great hobby i have to say...
cheers

Last edited:
what breeds do you have there....as you will have read i breed and raise orpingtons here, just a fabulous bird and all rounder..enjoying them so much

cheers
I don't have chickens at the moment but I have a pair of button quails that are breeding.Soon I hope to have a pekin and a silkie.

Not shaking so much now.

A bit hairy 4 years ago.

We had a good jolt on Christmas Eve. It was 6.0, it felt like truck had hit the side of house.

You sort of get used to it after a while you don't seem to feel any shakes under 5.0.

Hey but never mind, Christchurch is up and running a real big building boom at the moment..

mind you there a few poor sods fighting the Insurance Co. to get their homes sorted, I really don't know how they keep cool, with the hassles they are having..

Anyway had to check on the 'Girls' Clean their coops and give fresh water and food and let them out for a run around in the back yard for while.

Back
Top Bottom