Newbe tryio raise peafoul

Lots of my peas have been saved by her efforts and accolades need to go to KSKingbee, his and Kathys fecal float examples were all I needed to see to better deworm my birds. Thanks guys,
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

Can I say 'Awe shucks' too? Thank you.
highfive.gif

She needs to be quarantined for a couple of weeks. Keep her warm,dry, and stress free. Make sure she is eating and drinking. If she shows no obvious signs of illness, add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar per quart of her water, with the mother is best (braggs is one) but if not possible as long as its apple cider vinegar, it will help. If she looks ill, take her to the vet right away. Unless it upsets her, put a chicken in the pen with her for company. Unless she's already been wormed, worm her soon.

Many thanks to you for sharing you fecal results and all the other medical info!

-Kathy

@barkerg , not only did I really like your idea of an award to really dedicated, selfless bird caretaking, but you also made me think (slowly & rustily) -- there ought to be some kind of award for these folks (besides just educator or friend or spirit) for the really congenial, conscientious and helpful sharing of info that both @casportpony and @KsKingBee do here on BYC. And some of our other gentle pea-people as well.. There's no question that the pea forum is a special place, even for BYC -- extra-friendly, extra-helpful, just a super good place to be
clap.gif

Be quarantined at the place where she will live .... it makes no sense!

To me a quarantined bird receives much different care and housing than one that isn't.. Perhaps wrongly, my objective in quarantining a new purchase is
aimed more towards insuring that the bird is in the best of health before joining the general population than protecting the general population. I will admit that my original response was an attempt to get back to answering the original post.

Many thanks to you for sharing you fecal results and all the other medical info!

-Kathy

@barkerg
, not only did I really like your idea of an award to really dedicated, selfless bird caretaking, but you also made me think (slowly & rustily) -- there ought to be some kind of award for these folks (besides just educator or friend or spirit) for the really congenial, conscientious and helpful sharing of info that both @casportpony
and @KsKingBee
do here on BYC.  And some of our other gentle pea-people as well..  There's no question that the pea forum is a special place, even for BYC -- extra-friendly, extra-helpful, just a super good place to be :clap

BYC staff are open to suggestions, so maybe start a thread on it?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom