Newbie but an oldbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by danniieeb, Feb 12, 2015.

1. danniieeb

danniieeb New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    Hi everyone
    I am a new member and wish to introduce myself
    I am an expat Australian living in the Philippines on the island of Leyte this is the island that suffered cyclone Yolanda in November 2013.
    I live here with my wife and children on a 3 hectare block overlooking Sogod Bay in Southern Leyte.
    I have recently got the chicken raising bug and found your site which appears to answer many of my questions because being a retired Graphic Designer and Printer I class
    myself as a pretend farmer who really wishes to learn from people who are genuine in offering advice.
    Here in the Philippines it is vary hard to get real sound advice and even buying chickens is an experience,
    I can obtain white leghorn for eggs and Kabir for meat and eggs but can only obtain them when available.
    Of course if I wanted advice on fighting cocks everyone here is an expert, I did attend once many years ago and was astounded at the barbaric attitude of the people. not for me.
    When I get time I will upload some photos of what we are building and our expectations.
    I am quite happy to reply to any questions asked

Thanks

Danniieeb

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You really need to connect with OZEXPAT who used to live in Australia and now in the Philippines. He has vast knowledge of chickens, and other animals(goats, pigs, etc.) and just a really great person. You can find him posting on "The Old Folks Home," on BYC.

1 person likes this.
  3. danniieeb

danniieeb New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    thanks for the info
    appreciated
    danniieeb

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. I have some good friends who live in Southern Leyte and on Biliran Island and had the privilege of visiting them and traveling around the Visayas. It was a wonderful experience. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

6. danniieeb

danniieeb New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    Hi thanks for the welcome
    Yes the visayas are very nice and the local population are very friendly.
    have lived here permanently since 2007, love the place and the people but it really is a very frustrating place also
    But it is my choice my kids are like natives nowand are going to college or uni
    As for backyard chickss I am sure i will find all the info here,
    once again thanks for the welcome

Dave (danniieeb) my youngest is named Dannielle

7. danniieeb

danniieeb New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    thanks for the welcome. Much appreciated'

danniieeb

8. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Welcome to BYC from WA state!

9. danniieeb

danniieeb New Egg

Feb 7, 2015
    thanks so much for the welcome, You all are making us feel part of a family

danniieeb

10. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop. There are a lot of great peeps here! Ask questions and most of all make yourself at home. So glad you joined.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by