Newbie flock coming soon in Colorado

JN_CO2022

Chirping
Sep 26, 2022
SE Denver Colorado Suburbs
Since I have struck out locating an affordable country home I’m going to make do in suburbia. Though we have an HOA they do allow up to 6 hens so that’s pretty cool considering other neighborhoods don’t allow any. I typically have a garden no matter what country I’m living in (Military Vet, former military brat), this year was unusual, the garden didn’t produce as much as years past. I have always wanted a hobby farm, when getting out of the military I tried to persuade DH to move to the country, he’s a creature of habit and convenience so here we are. Thankfully, he’s finally come around and we are getting a coop next weekend, working on getting the girls thereafter. I have never raised my own chickens so this is a new adventure. I’m eager to learn the right way and try to avoid the common rookie pitfalls… there will be some but I hope to minimize them by learning from you all. Colorado chicken folks, our climate interesting your insight will be a valuable resource. Thanks for bearing with me as I start this new adventure. :)

Back
Top Bottom