Newbie looking for a Starter Set

dbullock

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Sumner, MS
I am new to the forum and would like to find 5-8 laying hens (brown eggs) in N. Mississippi. I have been checking the local advertisements with no luck. I noticed several people from the area on the forum and was hoping for some direction. I would like to find some barred rock, RIR or Wyandottes. My wife is picking the breeds based their appearance. That was the only way I could talk her into getting the hens. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi! Welcome to BYC!
Hmmm... if your wife is choosing by appearance and you want good layers... Have you looked at black australorps. They are excellent layers and are really pretty. Good luck!
smile.png

As difficult as it has been finding any hens, I am not going to be too picky. I just do not want to start with chicks at this point.

I'm over here in Tupelo but I just sold about 175 laying hens and some roosters so all I have left is some production red chicks. They are about 3 or so weeks old. Welcome aboard.

I have been checking the market bulletin. There never seems to be anything close to me. I went and picked up 6 dominique pullets. I am still looking for some laying hens but only a couple. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom