Newbie Wannabe Chicken Farmer here...

ContessaKris

Songster
10 Years
Jun 28, 2011
Grandview (SKC), MO
Hello all!

We're a homeschooling family who is moving toward more self and local sustained living. We have a huge garden and try to buy locally when we can. We have been planning to get chicks to raise for the eggs but the last couple months we've been traveling a lot and so we still have not gotten them. I probably do not need to be on this forum board yet but I like to be prepared. We plan to have chicks within the next few weeks although I was looking into hatching our own eggs. I'm having the darndest time finding eggs or chicks locally. An hour away, yes. By mail and an arm and a leg later, yes. But i would rather have a local source, so we're still looking and planning.

We know our city's ordinances on the subject, we've planned out our coop design. We will get the wood for it this week.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Everyone here is so full of information, I look forward to gleaning all that I need to make our chicken farmer experience a successful one.

Thanks for stopping in.

Kris

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

A big Texas-sized
welcome-byc.gif

frow.gif
It's always wise to join and learn BEFORE jumping into chickens (or anything!) You are welcome here...

28464_temp_pic_file_080.jpg

Back
Top Bottom