Newbie!

Hi Blueeyedcollies, :welcome
Lovely pics. You have a wonderful view. It will be nice to have some friends helping out with the mowing, too. Enjoy getting everyone settled in together. Everyone here is friendly and helpful, so ask away if you have questions or problems. Looking forward to getting to know your new flock, also.

I'm on the East Coast of NSW, Australia and have only recently established my little flock of 5 on our suburban 1/5 of an acre. (2 Gold Laced Wyandottes, 2 Australorps and a Lavender Splash Orpington) My daughter also has a beautiful black and white Border Collie, but now that she has moved out of home she has taken Lucy with her. So we only get visits. They are lovely dogs.

Greetings and welcome to BYC! So glad you joined us. thanks for all he pics. You seem o have a marvelous view! There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Hope you enjoy the site!

G’Day from across the ditch Blueeyedcollies :frow Welcome!

Great pics! Thank you sharing :clap

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share more Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Hi there.
So I am new to owning chickens. I bought a house on just over a 1/4 acre which hey, isn't much but it's more than your average backyard. Its like i have three backyards. I am an animal lover and I work at a rescue.

I can't maintain all the lawns for that much grass either so my unused fenced yard (deer fenced) I added mesh along the bottom and put two rabbits in. They love it and there is a shed and heaps of bush etc so now I've added chickens to it.

Jake gold laced Wyandotte rooster
Silvie silver laced Wyandotte hen (the smallest and already my favourite)
Ebony black aracuna
Kali black aracuna

They are all young except Kali.
It is a test to see them coexist with buns but I've read they can. I didn't want to get a rooster but the seller said it's young and if I have problems he would take it back. My kids wanted one and we're disappointed, asking thismorning why the rooster hadn't woken them up. I only have one neighbour directly near me and they like to party until 6 or 7am so I think they should tolerate the rooster.

Kali the older chook and was in a separate run from the others where I got them is bossy hen.

I also have two border collies who have a seperate backyard, one old cat and am adopting my semi wild mumma cat as shes not a rehomable prospect so once her kittens are weaned and she's desex it seems she will live here too (though I doubt she will come inside once released!)
:frow :celebrate :welcome

Back
Top Bottom