Knuckleballer25

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2019
Hi!

Brand new to Raising any type of bird.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get
chickens?

We got our first baby ducks this March and our Guineas came in May.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We started out with seven ducks, then we added 4 more, and then I added 3 more, so we ended up with 14. We added 10 Guineas to the mix. However we lost a few in the beginning when they first went outside to their new barn. We have two left! Unfortunately one of the females refused to go inside so all but two followed her. There’s some very large hawks and eagles that frequent the backyard. I have a feeling they helped themselves to my guineas. I think we have two males left.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Ducks-2 blue Indian Runners, 1 black Indian runner, 2 khaki Campbells, 4 welsh Harlequin, and 5 Cayuga.
The two Guineas are just the regular ones.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I LOVE watching my ducks play. They’re so funny and each one has a unique personality. Their eggs are delicious too! We got the Guineas to help with bugs and to keep predators away. The last two are fun to watch-not very bright but funny!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Guns, riding four wheelers, cars, work, anything outside.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Married, three dogs ranging from 125lbs to 5lbs. I own a company that provides services to individuals who have disabilities. Our friends make jokes and call our home Ducking-ham Palace. They all think I like my ducks more than my husband or the dogs! ....May or may not be true!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I joined because I finally took the plunge and bought some ducks and Guineas! I had read for awhile the threads on here before I ever purchase my flock. I found BYC through google.

Hi!

Brand new to Raising any type of bird.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get
chickens?

We got our first baby ducks this March and our Guineas came in May.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We started out with seven ducks, then we added 4 more, and then I added 3 more, so we ended up with 14. We added 10 Guineas to the mix. However we lost a few in the beginning when they first went outside to their new barn. We have two left! Unfortunately one of the females refused to go inside so all but two followed her. There’s some very large hawks and eagles that frequent the backyard. I have a feeling they helped themselves to my guineas. I think we have two males left.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Ducks-2 blue Indian Runners, 1 black Indian runner, 2 khaki Campbells, 4 welsh Harlequin, and 5 Cayuga.
The two Guineas are just the regular ones.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I LOVE watching my ducks play. They’re so funny and each one has a unique personality. Their eggs are delicious too! We got the Guineas to help with bugs and to keep predators away. The last two are fun to watch-not very bright but funny!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Guns, riding four wheelers, cars, work, anything outside.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Married, three dogs ranging from 125lbs to 5lbs. I own a company that provides services to individuals who have disabilities. Our friends make jokes and call our home Ducking-ham Palace. They all think I like my ducks more than my husband or the dogs! ....May or may not be true!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I joined because I finally took the plunge and bought some ducks and Guineas! I had read for awhile the threads on here before I ever purchase my flock. I found BYC through google.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom