Newby from NJ

NatureNikki

Chirping
May 21, 2017
NJ
Hello. Thank you BYC & all.
We are in the final phase of completing our coop & it seems as if everyone has something to suggest. I finally decided I may need to just stick to BYC group.
I am trying to go as natural as possible - yet, I really don't want to complicate things either.
Do I need to do anything to prevent mites / lice....... besides providing a decent dust bath for our girls? I have been using natural wood stove ash from our stove, sand box sand and / or a mixture with some dirt from our yard. They have been introduced to their run area & use dust bath container and /or just simple scratching dirt in an area they choose & flapping away.

:) - tyvm - NatureNikki

Hi Nikki, It sounds like your doing all the right things at this point. But sometimes they can just get mite or other things no matter what we do. You just kind of have to treat as it comes along. So don't over think it to much. AS long as they have clean area, food, water, laying box, coop and are safe play to run in your doing great.

Welcome to BYC!

Unfortunately wild birds will always "be around"...(carriers of these nasty critters we never want to have to deal with)....so we "may" not always be able to fully prevent them.

Keep your girls playing in their wood ash dust bath and don't worry too much!

Back
Top Bottom