Newby saying HELLO!!!!!

Welcome to Backyard chickens Dominique, it's so nice to meet you. Silkies are a very popular breed and rightly so. Generally very docile and great favorites with children. They are also one of the best breeds for brooding- the sit on and hatch eggs and generally make excellent mothers.
Thanks so much!!! I am totally into it for the cuteness and cuddly factors!!! i don't mind at all if they never even lay an egg :wee

You may enjoy checking out the various silkie threads: "Silkie thread," the biggest, followed by "Buff Silkies," " Paint Silkies," "Nothing but Partridge Silkies," and I believe one for "B,,& S silkies", (black,blue, splash).
There is also a variety of silkie called "Show Girls" they have all the good silkie qualities but I understand they can tolerate more heat. Using the search box you can find the different threads.

You may enjoy checking out the various silkie threads: "Silkie thread," the biggest, followed by "Buff Silkies," " Paint Silkies," "Nothing but Partridge Silkies," and I believe one for "B,,& S silkies", (black,blue, splash).
There is also a variety of silkie called "Show Girls" they have all the good silkie qualities but I understand they can tolerate more heat. Using the search box you can find the different threads.

Thanks so much! I will definitely go and read those :)

Back
Top Bottom