Newest Babies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by marie_martin, Jun 22, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Here are a few pics of my newest hatch. Some silkies and one serama. The serama is 12 days old and the silkies are 8 days old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, the little serama is very tiny even compared to the younger silkies.

Marie

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
  3. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    Your chicks are adorable! Beautiful chicks. I'm currently putting the finishing touches on the brooder and chicken coop, and then I'm getting my first batch! I'm so excited!

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I have one Serama and 7 more in the bator...they are so cute!

6. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks. I have 4 older serama babies and all are girls. So I am hoping this single one is a boy. I never hatch girls in any other breed. But this time I ended up with all girls. So hopefully this little one will be my roo and I will be all set. I got the seramas from ae50mag (frank) so you guys should snag some of his eggs. He always sends lots of extras, I just stink at incubating and the PO stinks too. But I have really enjoyed them. I need new pics of the seramas but here are a few I took a week or so ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see how tiny the white one is here against the black one the same age:

[​IMG]

They are the same age as the bantam cochins, 8 weeks, and much smaller.

Marie

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  7. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    look at those cuties!

8. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

that white one is looking good marie, i can send you some roo's sometime if it ever cools down,

frank

9. LuannKeller

LuannKeller Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Greer, SC USA
    Franks eggs are good hatchers. I got 24 from him last year and only 2 did not hatch. That is a great ratio!

10. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks Frank. I will keep you posted on whether this last one is a roo. Luann, you are right, Franks eggs are great. And I have heard great things about your birds too. As a matter of fact, I believe this white one was from your line. I have high hopes for her. Thanks everyone. It is so nice to be supported. I did join the serama group but have not been on and posted much. I do plan to be more active though.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by